Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Woodland pictures







Here's some pictures I shot at Woodland skatepark in Lexington about a month ago. Cody, Joe Tabor, Ryan Weeks, and I hit up Woodland for a little bit before heading out to see what we could find on the UK campus.


1. Cody Gay, toboggan- Cody has t-bogs on lockdown, and he'll throw them over/off of anything.

2. Joe Tabor, wallride- This was taken as everyone was leaving the skatepark to go ride street. Joe was just messing around, talking about getting a picture of a wallride, so I just took one.

3. Joe gives his tire some elbow love- Joe was doing these tire grabs out the mini into the bank (you can get a better idea of the setup in Cody's t-bog pic), and somehow missed grabbing his tire on this try. He ended up with a skinned elbow and a sweet tread mark.

4. Joe, tire grab- This was one of the first of many tire grabs he did that morning.

5. Joe, barspin- Throwin' the bars in front of a great background

6. Soft focus- for some reason, I randomly shot a picture of Joe. I think it was just so I could shoot the flash off in his face. This was one of those photos that aren't anything noteworthy in color, but when you put it in b&w, it's so much better. I really like the soft focusing on it, which was unintentional, because I wasn't really even trying to take a picture. Let's hear it for happy accidents!

7. Cody, his dreads, and the other guy- Cody had taken that rasta beanie with the fake dreads sewn in from my house, and had been wearing it the past couple of days when we went riding. People thought it was his real hair, too. I realized this when Cody took it off, and then about five minutes later, I heard a kid say "Didn't that dude have dreads a minute ago?" I have no idea who that other dude in the picture is. I've seen him at Woodland before, and he and his sister are both really cool, but I don't know either of their names.

8. Waldo- We kept calling this kid "Waldo" because he was wearing this black beanie that looked like it was straight out of a "Where's Waldo?" book. Waldo almost got himself in a fight when he complained that Joe was "blocking up the park" with his bike. Hilarity did ensue.

No comments: