Monday, December 17, 2007

B&W pics






So, I decided that for the new site's first post, I'd start off with some black and white shots. These are some of my older photos that I shot before I even had my own camera, when I had to borrow the Journalism department's Canon Rebel. All of these were taken at the Georgetown, KY skatepark.


1. Sean Baker boostin' a quarter- Sean wanted me to get a picture of him airing this quarter, just so he could see how high he was getting. This was like the third or fourth try, and in color, the picture wasn't anything special, but when I converted it to b&w, I loved it. I don't know why.

2. Sean, spine transfer- This was just a random shot of Sean flying over the spine in the middle
of one of his lines.

3. Bryan "Chico" Nichols, backside flip- I was sitting around after my chain had snapped and was just shooting some photos of Chico playing SKATE with Wyatt and some other guys. This one is one of my favorites.

4. Wyatt Hoffman doing nothing special- This was another random photo. Wyatt was messing around one day doing these little stall-type things. He was saying something about Chris Haslam, but I don't know. This picture came out a lot better than either of us expected. In person, this move looks kinda dumb, and we weren't expecting it to look much better. Suprise, suprise.

No comments: